I have been given a Sunshine Flower by Jean Tubridy, for which I am most grateful and surprised! I do not normally take part in these blog ‘awards’, as they are so time consuming but have made an exception here to mark a beautiful sun-filled summer of 2013 and to acknowledge the wonderful bloggers that I follow and who follow my scribbles here on the internet. I am doing so as a once-off celebration of you all!
There are rules :
Link back to your nominator.
I have followed Jean Tubridy’s blog almost from the get-go. Such a wonderful writer with a beautiful command of English who is able to get to the heart of the matter in a half sentence. Inspirational, funny, delightful.
Display the Sunshine Award image as you see below:
Rule 3: List Ten Random Things about Yourself
These things enlighten my life
1. I love the sun and first thing every morning I look to see if the golden rays are dancing on the tree outside my bedroom window.
2. I love light – my house faces south with huge windows to the south and to the west to enjoy the setting sun
3. I love flowers – wild and in the garden – and spend hours peering at them.
4. I love scenery and am blessed to live in Ireland that has such wonderful scenery.
6. I love music, especially the big emotional kind, such as Renee Fleming singing Song to the Moon.
7. I love the Moon and the Stars and am blessed with my own piece of sky here in the country and have a telescope to enjoy them all the more!
8.I love meeting with friends for coffee or to go to theatre or just for a chat as they lighten my days!
9. I love solitary walks in the company of birds and insects and hearing the sounds of nature.
10. I love the internet and blogging- it has enlightened me more than anything else in my life and opened up a whole new world to me in the ‘golden’ years of life.
So who will receive my Sunflower?
If YOU are reading this, then please accept one from me ! I read so, so many wonderful posts each week,I cannot single out a few as each is a gem, a jewel, a ray of sunshine in my life. Each is thoughtfully written and ‘put out there’ to inform, to inspire, to provoke, to gladden, to dismay, to enlighten, to bring Sunshine to our lives! Thank you all!